Skye Air Services Feasibility Study
Arup, in conjunction with rdc aviation, were commissioned to deliver the Skye Air Services Feasibility Study.
The study has a number of components:
- To assess the demand for passenger air services between Skye and the Central Belt.
- To review the feasibility, costs of development and operational costs of a number of previously studied airfield options in the context of recent developments in GPS navigation landing assistance systems.
- Assess the aircraft types that might be able to operate at the developed airfield and the commercial viability of establishing regular scheduled services to the airfield.
- Conduct a passenger demand survey to support the passenger demand forecast analysis.
- Carry out an associated high level wider economic benefit assessment.