Senior development manager - Innse Gall
- Homeworking at present
- Normal office location Innse Gall; flexible location may be considered
- Starting salary £37,866 per annum, excellent benefits package
- Permanent, full time, 35 hours per week
The successful candidate will play a key role in working with colleagues, partners, businesses, communities, and social enterprises across the Innse Gall area to help them achieve our growth aspirations and contribute to the development of a vibrant and sustainable economy across the region.
As a key member of HIE’s Enterprise Support directorate, you’ll:
- Take responsibility for the development and the effective project management of a portfolio of projects in the Innse Gall area and occasionally across the Highlands and Islands, including Regional Growth Deal projects.
- Provide intensive account management support to a defined portfolio of clients with the ambition and potential to achieve significant growth and impact on the local and wider economy.
- Work intensively with clients, providing a business diagnostic, identifying areas of growth potential, and providing advice and support required to accelerate and achieve growth opportunities using a wide range of HIE products and services.
- Act as a conduit to and from the client, bringing fresh insight to help deliver business advantage. There will be a particular focus on Fair Work and the transition to net zero.
- Actively identify new areas of growth and pursue these opportunities.
- Support HIE’s Innse Gall area team, other area teams when required, internal colleagues in Enterprise Support, and, where required, work with local authority economic development teams to assess the potential for new account managed /relationship managed organisations through proactive engagement.
- Promote collaboration across the Enterprise Support Directorate to support development of client growth, ensuring strong linkage between regional and national priorities. This may include forming or supporting cross/multi-agency account teams, involving, for example, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Development International, Skills Development Scotland.
- Create and maintain influential and effective networks by nurturing key relationships within relevant sectors, industry groupings or professions.
- Ensure appropriate compliance with all aspects of HIE governance, including risk management and HIE audit and compliance requirements.
It’s essential that you have strong project management experience, with a detailed understanding of project management techniques, as well as experience of strategy development and implementation.
You’ll also have a proven track record in building strong, long-standing stakeholder relationships and effective partnership working.
You’ll also have strong financial skills, problem-solving skills, and be an outstanding communicator with experience in media engagement.
Find out more details in the Job Description.
To apply please complete our online application form.
Online application form
Job reference: 978
Closing date: Sunday 27 June 2021
Interviews: w/c 12 July 2021 – via MS Teams