- Based in Oban, Argyll
- Salary - £27,000 per annum
- 12-month graduate placement
- Start date - October 2021
Graduate Civil Engineer
North West Marine Ltd
North West Marine are a specialist diving contractor based in Oban on the West coast of Scotland. They undertake a range of projects ranging from small mooring inspections to large pier and harbour operations.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement. They are seeking a graduate Civil Engineer to support their engineering team with an upcoming marine based project.
The successful candidate will be operating as part of a team to deliver a marine project from concept to build completion. Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Gaining a full understanding of the project and assist with project design.
- Preparation of the project documentation – including Method Statements to be developed for each stage of the construction phase for the client’s approval.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD drawings
- Planning the logistics of material delivery plant and equipment.
- Preparation of site documentation - refined Method Statements along with the site-specific Risk Assessments to cover each on site task.
- Undertaking site visits prior to works starting.
- Assisting on site at works.
- Site record keeping.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Tony Ratcliffe on 07836366419.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
It is hoped there would be the possibility for longer-term employment with the company at the end of the placement, and the opportunity for the successful candidate to gain further training and qualifications.
- Degree in Civil Engineering (graduated within the last 4 years).
- Excellent IT skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Self-motivated individual, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Team player.
- Driving licence, with the willingness to travel.
- Commitment to relocate to Oban if required.
- Some diving experience, or the willingness to learn to dive.
- Marine related interests, such as sailing/boating or knowledge of ships and marine vessels.
Minimum Degree Level, preferably related to Civil Engineering. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills. N.B. To be eligible to apply for any ScotGrad placement you must have graduated within the last 4 years. Please click here for details.
Placement Start Date
Tuesday 21 Sept
£27,000 per annum. 40 hours per week
To apply please complete our online application form.
Online application form