- Based in Forres, Moray
- Salary - £19,000 per annum
- 12-month graduate placement
- Full-time, 35 hours per week
Community Energy Graduate
Finderne Development Trust
Based near Forres, Finderne Development Trust (FDT) is a membership organisation whose aim is to drive sustainable rural regeneration of Finderne, an area in Moray comprising of several small settlements.
They are seeking a 12-month graduate placement to undertake extensive engagement with the community in order to increase energy efficiency/reduce fuel poverty, and to help develop an overall energy efficiency strategy for the Trust, identifying areas for carbon reduction.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Complete City & Guilds Energy Awareness course.
- Research other community fuel poverty/energy efficiency schemes.
- Research the need within Finderne for support to decrease fuel poverty/increase energy efficiency in the home by designing and distributing a survey.
- Scope out the feasibility of potential methods and mechanisms of project delivery.
- Research possible routes to funding and make applications as appropriate
- Implement the scheme by acting as the link between householders and third-party organisations, including working in partnership with Home Energy Scotland. Signpost and provide information and assistance in accessing support.
- Engage householders in the work of FDT and actively encourage householders to join FDT as Members.
- Research community-led local energy plans and start to develop an energy efficiency strategy for Finderne, identifying opportunities for carbon reduction within FDT’s current priority projects, with a focus on the development of affordable housing, a community hub and enhancing the Dava Way.
- Produce a full project report.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Pery Zakeri on 07483 133 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
FDT promote a positive culture at work, offering opportunities for self-development and flexible working hours. There will be the opportunity to attend training courses, conferences and seminars, if relevant.
- Minimum Degree level obtained within the last 4 years.
- Knowledge of project design, development and delivery.
- A self-starter with a high level of self-motivation with an ability to work independently.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong team player.
- Solution focused.
- Full driving licence and access to own transport.
- Experience of writing funding applications or a willingness to learn.
- Experience of networking and developing strong working relationships.
- Previous experience of working in a community setting.
Minimum Degree Level. All subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
N.B. To be eligible to apply for this placement you must have graduated within the last 4 years. Please click here for details.
Dunphail, Forres, Moray
28 January 2021
To apply please complete our online application form.
Online application form