SUPPORT FOR CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
Find out about support available now for those operating in the creative industries sector.
- NEW 23 March: Scotland's Creative Digital Initiative is a new £1 million digital support programme for creative and cultural businesses. It's been established to provide support to creative and cultural businesses to help them develop their digital capabilities in response to the limitations imposed by Covid-19. Focused on the needs of SMES and micro-businesses, it builds on some existing programmes of support as well as providing grants to enable organisations and businesses to invest in skills and resources.
- 03 March: Association of Independent Music Immediate Access Crisis Fund The AIM Immediate Access Crisis Fund provides hardship payments of up to £1,000 to freelancers and contractors in the independent music industry whose income has been severely affected due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. This fund is currently paused in order to process applications. It will reopen if funds are still available. Check the AIM website for updates.
- 22 January: Creative Scotland Covid 19 Resource Directory To help members of Scotland's creative community who have been affected by the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, Creative Scotland have put together an A-Z list of relevant funding opportunities and other resources.
- 18 January: Musicians Union Coronavirus Hardship fund The Musicians' Union is offering grants of up to £200 from their £1 million Coronavirus Hardship Fund for members who are experiencing genuine and pressing hardship as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Updated 11 January: COVID-19 guidance for museums, galleries and heritage attractions Guidance for the creative industries, in particular for providers and users of creative studios in Scotland, in safer working during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Updated 31 December: Strategic Framework Business Fund This is a fund for businesses that are required to close by law or significantly change operations due to COVID-19 restrictions from 02 November 2020.
- 06 October: COVID-19 guidance for creative studios and shared workspaces
- Open fund: Sustaining Creative Development Creative Scotland has launched the Open Fund to enable individuals and organisations to explore ways of working that will help them to adapt and respond to the current changing circumstances. Funding is available of between £1,000 - £50,000 from a total of £7.5m of National Lottery money. Find out more on the Creative Scotland website
Year round specialist advice
XpoNorth is continuously updating information and advice to support the sector, sharing knowledge via video, podcast, and blogs whilst also hosting webinars and ‘hangouts’ to answer questions.
The year round specialist advice service continues as normal and is accessible via the XpoNorth website.
Businesses can also request a Digital Dashboard to ‘at a glance’ monitor platform activity and inform their digital strategy.
Visit the XpoNorth website