Support for businesses based in the west and the islands
The Co-Innovate programme provides innovation advice and funding for businesses in Argyll and the West Highlands and Islands, where it’s not always easy to network and access peer support or expert advice to aid the business growth journey.
What is it?
Co-Innovate is supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body and is delivered in the Highlands and Islands by HIE.
Support for SMEs includes:
- One-to-one specialist advice to create an innovation strategy
- R&D grant funding to work with academia
- R&D grant funding to collaborate with another SME
The cross-border nature of Co-Innovate means businesses have access to academic and SME expertise from the Republic of Ireland.
How will you benefit?
Co-Innovate provides funding and support to:
- Help you work smarter
- Survive and thrive in the Covid-19 environment
- Equip you for future challenges
- Add value to your business
- Stand out from the competition
- Bring new products to market
An innovation adviser will work closely with you to help you get the most appropriate support through Co-Innovate.
Find out if you're eligible
There are some requirements participants will have to fulfil in order to take part in this programme:
There are some requirements participants will have to fulfil in order to take part in this programme. You will have to:
- Be a manufacturing or tradable services SME
- Be located in one of the following areas: the Western Isles, Skye and Lochalsh, Lochaber or Argyll and the Isles
- Be financially viable
- Have an understanding of and capacity for innovation.
More information on eligibility is available on the Co-Innovate website.
Find out how businesses are already benefitting from Co-Innovate