Support for businesses based on the West Coast of Scotland
Services offered through Co-Innovate are being adapted to ensure continued support is available for existing and new applicants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Running in Argyll and the islands, Lochaber, Skye and the Outer Hebrides, Co-Innovate is a five-year programme that supports SMEs in these remote communities. The Co-Innovate Programme is designed to help businesses nurture ideas and grow their success.
Supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, Co-innovate brings together local business networks, HIE and Business Gateway to deliver innovation resources to local businesses. Throughout the five-year programme, support includes free workshops, business health checks, mentoring and consultancy, access to grants for research and innovation, and cross-border collaborative projects.
What is it?
In an ever changing and increasingly competitive marketplace, innovation is key to business growth and success. Co-Innovate offers funding and tailored advice to grow your business by helping you to adopt innovative practices and develop innovative products and services.
How will you benefit?
Co-Innovate could provide you with:
- Advice and networking opportunities through workshops
- One-to-one tailored advice and action planning
- Funded mentoring
- Up to 50% funding for a 12 month innovation project in collaboration with academia
- Up to 50% funding for a 24 month R&D project in collaboration with other businesses
Co-Innovate is a cross-border programme led by Intertrade Ireland, meaning Highlands and Islands businesses are able to access cross-border collaborators and academic expertise.
An innovation adviser will work closely with you to help you get the most appropriate support through Co-Innovate. Certain eligibility criteria are required to be met.
Find out if you're eligible
There are some requirements participants will have to fulfil in order to take part in this programme:
- A manufacturing or tradable services company
- Located in: Northern Ireland, the border countries of Ireland (Monaghan, Leitrim, Cavan, Louth, Sligo and Donegal) and Western Scotland (Dumfries & Galloway, East Ayrshire and North Ayrshire mainland; South Ayrshire; Lochaber. Skye & Lochalsh, Arran & Cumbrae and Argyll & Bute and the Western Isles).
- Financially viable
- Understanding of and capacity for innovation
- 1 - 249 full time employees.
- Able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support Co-Innovate activity at senior management level.
- State Aid
More information on eligibility is available on the Co-Innovate website.
*Co-Innovate is supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body, and delivered locally by HIE.