Starting salary: £36,043 per annum, excellent benefits package
Location: Inverness - other HIE office locations will be considered
Working Pattern: Fixed term - two years, full-time, 35 hours per week
As part of this job you’ll:
- support intensive account management of key energy businesses and apply industry knowledge to identify supply chain gaps and inward investment opportunities
- lead and inform HIE’s strategy approach to energy infrastructure investment through the development of an internal infrastructure working group to advise on investment cases
- provide general support to HIE’s energy sector senior management team to ensure our priorities for growth and development in the context of Net Zero ambitions are met and exceeded
- work closely with stakeholders including Scottish Enterprise (SE) and Scottish Development International (SDI), providing up to date marketing material for use by partners and internal colleagues
- organise and support project developers in the delivery of “Meet the Buyer” supply chain events for energy projects
- influence and support the delivery of international trade missions into the area
- work closely with area team and HIE colleagues and represent HIE at internal and external meetings and industry forums as required
- assess and review development proposals, providing guidance and advice to clients, colleagues and stakeholders as required
It’s essential that you are an experienced and proactive team player with a proven track record in supporting businesses to engage in new markets and supply chains.
You’ll also have strong technical skills, particularly in managing a portfolio of projects with challenging financial constraints and targets. You will have excellent report writing and analysis skills, with the ability to present up to date industry data in a creative and compelling way.
A natural communicator, you will be able to build effective successful working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Being able to successfully balance a wide-ranging workload with ever-changing demands is also key.
To find out more about the role please read the job description.
To apply please complete our online application form.
Online application form.
Job reference: 936
Closing date: 8 January 2020
Interviews: 22 January 2020 – in Inverness