Senior Development Manager - Argyll and the Islands
- Currently homeworking, with the option to adopt a hybrid style of working based on individual role, style, and preference when HIE offices fully re-open.
- HIE has offices across the Highlands and Islands; the normal office location is Lochgilphead, flexibility on other HIE office locations may be considered.
- Starting salary £37,866 per annum, potential progression to £43,068 per annum.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Permanent, full time, 35 hours per week.
We're looking for an experienced and proactive senior development manager to play a key role in providing intensive client engagement and development support to a defined portfolio of clients with the ambition and potential to achieve significant business growth and impact on the wider economy.
As a key member of the Argyll and the Islands area team, you’ll:
- Work intensively, with a defined client portfolio to agree an “Account Growth Plan” which will be implemented over an agreed time- period. Activities, whilst not exhaustive, will include: a business diagnostic, identification of areas of growth potential, actions required to accelerate and achieve business growth opportunities etc.
- Act as a conduit to and from the client, bringing fresh insight to help deliver business advantage. There will be a particular focus on innovation and international trade.
- Actively identify new areas of growth and pursue these opportunities. Effective management and monitoring of the client portfolio in conjunction with local area management and Enterprise Support.
- Assess the potential for new account managed businesses through proactive business engagement. Work where necessary with the appropriate team in Enterprise Support and local authority economic development teams.
- Take responsibility for the development and the effective project management of a portfolio of projects. This may include for example, Regional Growth Deal projects.
- Work in collaboration with HIE’s sector teams to support development of business growth ensuring strong linkage between HIE’s sectoral route maps and account management.
- Using the wide range of HIE products, including finance, achieve leverage to enhance growth. Where appropriate, undertake formal due diligence to support project appraisal.
- Develop an appropriate account team using internal specialists and/or external colleagues where required.
- Proactively share insights, evidence base and knowledge to inform HIE’s propositions, products, services, and information offering.
- Actively manage client relationships ensuring that all potential points of contact and influence are being served appropriately.
- Analyse the client’s Business Plan, and assess the basis for any HIE engagement from a growth perspective.
- Lead client facing interaction and projects, managing complex delivery and demanding stakeholders.
It’s essential that you have strong client engagement/business management experience, with the ability to build strong client relationships.
You’ll also have a good understanding of HIE’s products and services and the funding routes available to clients and will use your strong analytical skills to provide advice and guidance to clients through business diagnostics, as well as identifying potential areas for growth, and actions required to accelerate growth.
Find out more details in the Job Description.
To apply please complete our online application form.
Online application form
Job reference: 986
Closing date: Tuesday 21 September 2021
Interviews: 28 September 2021 – via MS Teams