Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016
What is it?
The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design runs throughout 2016. Work will build on the momentum generated by the previous years of Food and Drink and Homecoming Scotland.
The year aims to:
- Raise the profile of Scotland, showcasing our distinctive contributions to innovation, architecture and design with a co-ordinated marketing and communications programme.
- Encourage and develop opportunities for the celebration of the key themes of the year within the tourism and events sectors.
- Inspire the people of Scotland and our visitors to participate in activity developed for Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design, with particular emphasis on attracting new audiences.
- Encourage collaborative working between the creative industries and the tourism sector.
- Encourage tourism businesses and the wider business community to engage with the year and capitalise on opportunities by developing new products and services.
The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016 is a Scottish Government initiative being led by VisitScotland, and supported by partners Scottish Government, Creative Scotland, Architecture + Design Scotland, Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scottish Enterprise, The National Trust for Scotland, Historic Scotland and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Follow the conversation
On twitter? Use #IAD2016 to join in the conversation.
We'll also promote events, products and services on our facebook page.
VisitScotland has developed a Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design toolkit for tourism businesses, find out more on their website >
Done something innovative? Let us know and we may feature it in our newsletter.
Business Events Newsletters