Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016
What was it?
The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design ran throughout 2016. Work built on the momentum generated by the previous years of Food and Drink and Homecoming Scotland.
The year aimed to:
- Raise the profile of Scotland, showcasing our distinctive contributions to innovation, architecture and design with a co-ordinated marketing and communications programme.
- Encourage and develop opportunities for the celebration of the key themes of the year within the tourism and events sectors.
- Inspire the people of Scotland and our visitors to participate in activity developed for Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design, with particular emphasis on attracting new audiences.
- Encourage collaborative working between the creative industries and the tourism sector.
- Encourage tourism businesses and the wider business community to engage with the year and capitalise on opportunities by developing new products and services.
The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016 was a Scottish Government initiative led by VisitScotland, and supported by partners Scottish Government, Creative Scotland, Architecture + Design Scotland, Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scottish Enterprise, The National Trust for Scotland, Historic Scotland and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
VisitScotland developed a Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design toolkit for tourism businesses, find out more on their website >