HIE’s universities, education and skills team work to optimise the University, Education and Skills system in Scotland to support the growth and upskilling of our current and future workforce; the innovative capacity of our businesses and sectors; and the attractiveness of our region at local, regional, national and international levels to people, communities and businesses.
HIE's objectives for the universities, education and skills sector:
2. To work with partner agencies to develop a skilled workforce in our region ready to respond to the needs of our key industries.
3. To oversee the implementation of the HIE-led Talent Attraction Strategy, working closely with the Convention of the Highlands and Islands
4. To support the development of location specific Campuses in the region.
5. To deliver a regional wide Science Skills Academy
6. To support the development and growth of the University of the Highlands and Islands – focusing on knowledge exchange, research and entrepreneurial activity
7. To optimise university engagement with businesses and communities to create a stronger culture of innovation and commercialisation
8. To increase the number of universities that have either a location or deliver projects/activities in the region