NHS Market Ready
The National Health Service offers exciting business opportunities for the life sciences sector. But there’s a catch -– knowing where, how and who to engage with presents real challenges. It is key to acquire essential commercial skills, and knowing how to get through to key NHS decision-makers.
To help Highland businesses maximise their potential in accessing this lucrative market, Highlands and Islands Enterprise has partnered up with Proactis to develop NHS Market Ready. It’s a dedicated, free of charge programme specifically designed to help companies formulate a targeted strategy for successful procurement and contracting with the UK’s largest healthcare market.
The ten successful life sciences and technology businesses join the eight-week programme to learn how to align their product with NHS needs, and develop an individual action plan. NHS Market Ready helps your business save valuable time by cutting to the chase – you’ll learn exactly what you need to know to give you the best chance of a successful outcome:
- Gain the right skills and tools to increase your chances of success
- Develop an individual action plan
- Connect with the right people
- Learn business development with expert coaches who have in-depth knowledge of how the NHS market really works
You can join our first programme on a rolling basis until March 2019. Once you have been accepted you will receive tailored support and advice through a mix of face to face and remote session from our coaches. This will happen over a period of 8 weeks and include a webinar.
- Download the slides from our NHS Market Ready launch event on 27 November 2018: From concept to commercial – Growing your business with the NHS
- Request our Expression of Interest form (EOI).
- Visit the NHS Market Ready page on the Northern Innovation Hub website.
The NHS Market Ready Programme was made possible by Highlands and Islands Enterprise’ Northern Innovation Hub, as part of the Inverness and Highland City-Region Deal to help SMEs in the Highland Council area to improve their businesses through innovation, and utilising funding from the European Regional Development Fund. The Inverness and Highland City-Region deal is a joint initiative supported by £315M investment from the UK and Scottish governments, The Highland Council, HIE and University of the Highland and Islands, aimed at stimulating sustainable regional economic growth.