Selling Online Internationally
Selling Online Internationally is a FREE one-day introductory level workshop, where you can learn how to increase international sales through your website.
Who's it for?
The workshop is open to any business with an existing website that is looking to broaden its online selling horizons and develop its capability in pro-active selling to international customers.
Please note, this course is not intended for tourism businesses who should instead refer to their local Destination Management Organisation who will be organising tourism specific digital workshops on behalf of HIE across a number of subjects, including international digital tourism.
How does it work?
Do you know how to develop an effective international website? This dynamic, interactive workshop focuses on giving you the tools you need to create and manage a strong online presence. With your new-found expertise, you can identify the right direction to boost international sales and grow your business on a global platform.
The workshop helps you identify goals and objectives and enables you to write a short action plan for business growth via international online sales.
How your company benefits
- Develop your website so it is more focused on international customers
- Increase the profile of your business internationally
- Identify and target suitable international markets
- Address language considerations and learn how to localise your website
- Put together a personalised action plan to kick start your site development
- Develop an international pricing strategy, taking into account currencies and delivery charges
- Understand the basics of VAT and tariffs in international online sales
- Consider legal requirements and develop international terms and conditions
Spaces are limited - book your place now!
Feedback from a previous participant:
The whole event was very helpful. We are in the process of launching an ecommerce site and it was great to get a full overview of items to consider.
This course is free of charge, but because it is a form of EU State Aid, it could count towards your overall De Minimis Aid allowance. Each company is allowed a total of €200,000 in De Minimis Aid over a 3-year period (with a lower limit for fisheries and some other categories). Workshops are part funded through the European Regional Development Fund in partnership with Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Nothing there for you? Get in touch to be informed about future workshops.