Preparing for Brexit
Are you worried about what Brexit will mean for your business? We can help you get ready by offering a range of support no matter what stage in the planning process you are at.
You can find a handy 15-point Brexit checklist here which will help you prepare your business for the UK’s departure from the EU.
Our Export Advisory Service is here to offer one-to-one support to businesses in the Highlands and Islands, to help you understand what Brexit will mean for you and how you can get ready for it. In addition, our International trade section has details of all the support available from HIE, including our Preparing to Export and Planning for Export Success workshops.
One of the most important things to have is an action plan for Brexit. We can help make sure that you are ready and equipped to handle the likely consequences of Brexit. This should now form part of your business plan and your management team should ensure that everyone is committed to it and that it is integrated into your business operations.
Grants are available through our Export Advisory Service for consultancy support to help your Brexit plan as well as identifying any Brexit-related issues that may have an effect on the growth of your company.
- Open to Export provide guides and free Webinars on a variety of export related topics.
- ExportSavvy provide online modules that cover a wide range of export topics.
- Exporting is GREAT helps you find potential opportunities for exporting to the EU and beyond.
- Enterprise Europe Network has a database of over 8,000 live opportunities in the EU.
- GOV.UK publications has advice on protecting Intellectual Property Overseas.
- HIE International Trade Support offers export advice.