Planning for Export Success
This workshop is targeted at Highlands and Islands companies that are ready to develop new business in international markets, or create strategic structure to current export operations.
Who's it for?
This FREE intermediate group workshop runs over three or six days and is open to Highlands and Islands companies in any sector. Participants must commit to all days.
How does it work?
These dynamic workshops focus on the application of good export practice rather than on academic learning, allowing for maximum interaction between participants. Within this peer group forum, participants develop their capability in export skills, exchange ideas and learn - from the facilitator and each other.
The sessions are delivered by Martin McBride (Envision), a facilitator with 30 years’ experience in international business and exporting.
How your company benefits
- Increased awareness of opportunities offered by exporting
- Better understanding of necessary skills and resources for successful exporting – and how to sustain it
- Learn how market research can screen and select the right export markets – and sales channel partners
- Guidance on developing your business model, value proposition and route to market strategy
- Advice on pricing strategy and payment methods
- Support with creating a robust action plan for developing new international business
Here’s how previous participants have benefited:
I found the Intermediate Programme an exceptionally good course. It was like having a manual on how to target, choose and manage new markets for export. I'm now very excited to be able to implement this manual in our company.
“Thank you once again for an excellent programme – it was a true pleasure to listen and learn from someone with such tremendous real-world experience. I have certainly gained considerable benefit.
This course is free of charge, but because it is a form of EU State Aid, it could count towards your overall De Minimis Aid allowance. Each company is allowed a total of €200,000 in De Minimis Aid over a 3-year period (with a lower limit for fisheries and some other categories). Workshops are part funded through the European Regional Development Fund in partnership with Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Nothing there for you? Get in touch to be informed about future workshops.