Opportunity for UK medical technology and pharmaceutical companies to learn the latest about the Chinese life science market, including the opportunities, challenges (and mitigations), and the
various routes to market.
Rapidly growing economy; changing demographics (wealth, lifestyles and age); increasing/healthcare disease burden; stong government focus on halthcare and rapidly growing government and private spend.
In the context of progressive change in the Chinese life science market, and a growing interest from UK companies, the UK Department for International Trade is organising a one-day seminar in Edinburgh. This event will feature expert speakers on important topics for UK businesses that are considering exports/operations in China, or that are already active there.
Draft agenda topics:
• China healthcare and life science industry overview – latest information and opportunity areas;
• regulatory change, product registration and navigating the CFDA;
• routes to market: joint ventures, licensing deals, distribution, wholly owned foreign enterprise;
• intellectual property protection; case studies from UK companies already active in China;
• TBC opportunity to meet a small delegation of Chinese companies in the afternoon that offer product registration services/assistance;
• support available from government and other organisations
Please express an interest in attending, please email: email@example.com
There will be a cost of £40 +VAT per person for the event.
Further details and registration link to be available at the end of January 2018.